Data center decommissioning is more than just disposing of the physical aspects of a data center. There’s the actual data to consider too. If you don’t know where and how to properly dispose of these assets you are putting your business at risk of data losses or breaches and opening yourself up to government fines for the improper disposal of the machinery and its hazardous waste.
When you think about it this way, handing the entire project off to someone else to manage sounds like a dream come true, doesn’t it?
At Critical Power Products and Services, data center decommissioning is what we do. For over 20 years we have offered data center decommissioning services that take the stress of the process off your hands.
Our Data Center Decommissioning Services
We offer full-service data center decommissioning services. That includes some or all of the following:
- Complete project management. Trust us to handle the entire project from start to finish so you can focus on what you do best: running your business. We will, of course, keep you apprised of the process, but there is no need to turn your own life upside down to manage the decommissioning process when we can do that for you.
- Data center decommissioning and site demolition. This includes the actual physical removal of data center equipment like servers, switches, UPS, HVAC, generators, accessories, and cabling. If the entire building needs to come down, we can manage that process for you too. If you are relocating some or all of your equipment, our data center decommissioning team will work with your inside experts to set up the new site. We adhere to EPA-certifed decommissioning standards, federal and state safety standards, and the latest data security standards to protect sensitive business information before, during, and after the decommissioning process.
- Disposal of unneeded assets. Unneeded equipment can be reused, sold as is, or taken apart and sold for parts. Unsaleable pieces may be recycled and non-recyclable assets disposed of safely and legally. Critical Power Products and Services offers an equipment buyback program through which we buy certain assets from you at market value, helping you recoup some of your initial investment costs.
- Disposal of hazardous materials. CPP&S takes the disposal of hazardous materials very seriously. We work with a network of recyclers and hazardous waste handlers to mitigate the environmental hazards associated with hazardous waste disposal. All hazardous waste is disposed of in full accordance with local, state, and federal laws, codes, and guidelines.
- Site restoration. If needed, our team will restore your old data center site to its original condition so it can be re-leased to another party. Site restoration may include: removing electrical components, conduits, wires, and risers, removing mechanical systems and piping, roof repair and sealing, and outdoor equipment/generator/HVAC pad removal and landscaping restoration.
Contact Critical Power Products and Services For Comprehensive Data Center Decommissioning Services
Whether you need our help for the entire project or just a piece of it, we are ready to make your data center decommissioning project as stress-free as possible. Our process ensures that no data is lost, no piece of equipment is damaged or misplaced, and you recoup as much of your initial investment back as possible.