Fueltec Systems designs and manufactures Fuel Filtration Systems for critical standby power generation and bulk fuel storage. These systems are in use worldwide on aboveground and underground bulk tanks, sub-base tanks, and diesel engine day tanks.
- Positive displacement pumps 2.5 to 50 gallons per minute
- Pre-filter bag type one or five micron within a stainless steel housing.
- Water separator within a stainless steel housing.
- Automatic programmable one to four tank systems.
- Maintains a fuel condition exceeding the engine manufacturer’s ISO cleanliness levels.
These systems are designed to prevent unexpected engine shut down from contaminated fuel.
A critical power systems reliability is only as good as the condition of its fuel.
Virtually all diesel fuel contains some moisture. Additional water builds in tanks as atmospheric moisture condenses. Moisture can accumulate in diesel tanks as condensate droplets on exposed tank surfaces, as dissolved water in the fuel, and as water bottoms beneath the fuel. Microbes depend on this water for growth.
Additionally, microbes depend on the organic and inorganic molecules in diesel fuel for nutrition. Consequently, some species attack the fuel directly, growing at the expense of hydrocarbons and non-hydrocarbon fuel components. The biodegradation of fuel, in support of microbial growth, is a direct impact of contamination.
Indirect effects include:
- Engine Failure from clogged filters
- Microbial influenced corrosion
- Sludge formation
- Organic acid accumulation
- Corrosive deposits on engine parts (injectors, cylinder linings, etc.)
Annual tank cleaning may not be the answer to safe fuel:
Fueltec Systems designs and manufactures Fuel Filtration Systems for critical standby power generation and bulk fuel storage. These systems are in use worldwide on above ground and underground bulk tanks, sub-base tanks, and diesel engine day tanks.
Fueltec’s automatic filtration systems work 24-7
to eliminate the microbes moist environment and prevent a rapid infestation in the fuel storage tank. In addition, fine filters remove bacteria and fungi colony strings that may have broken away from the parent colony and are floating in the fuel.
- Aluminum equipment enclosure rain tight
- Underwriters Laboratory 508A listed controller
- Inlet ball valves – outlet check valve
- Pressure and vacuum sensors
- Water in separator alarm
- Fuel pump as per spec.
- Change filter alarm
- Water separator
- Sump leak alarm
- Stainless steel housings
- Mounting post and base 6x6x72 aluminum
- Stainless steel equipment enclosure
- Tank entry kit with supply & return flange and telescopic orflex fuel pickup.
- Heated filter housings
- Explosion proof pump motor and control valves
- Intrinsically safe sensors and wiring
- Stainless steel electrical enclosure 4X
- Auto-drain and tank for separated water
- Fuel tank cross-feed transfer system